No Mass on Thursdays.
Saturday Vigil: 4:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am
REMINDER: When school is delayed or closed due to snow, there will be no morning Mass.
ST. EDWARD THE CONFESSOR, STAFFORD
The Parish Family of St. Edward The Confessor, a Roman Catholic faith community, strives to be the living expression of Christian faith in our worship and in our community by welcoming all who seek to enrich their relationship with our one true God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
FROM THE PASTOR'S DESK
FINANCIAL STATUS OF THE PARISH - A mailing has gone out to all parishioners regarding the financial status of the Parish and the project to restore the windows on the front of the church. Your prayerful consideration of the requests in the letter is greatly appreciated.
REBUILD AND RENEW - Thank you for your prayerful attention during our financial report last weekend. In the coming weeks we ask that you . . .
- Pray for our parish as we go through this time of rebuilding and renewing.
- As a family or individual, prayerfully consider what you can do to raise the level of your financial commitment to our parish on a weekly basis and to supporting the drive to restore the front windows.
- Get involved in a parish organization or by assisting when help is needed or attending parish activities.
Working together as a parish family, each doing the best they can, we can do the rebuilding and renewing that will sustain us and help us to continue to be a faith-filled, caring parish community well into the future.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION - Join us for Eucharistic Adoration on Sunday evenings from 6:00-7:00 p.m. We invite you to come and spend some quiet time with the Lord each Sunday to prepare you for the coming week. An additional Holy Hour has been added on Tuesday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
PASTA DINNER TO BENEFIT SAFE NET MINISTRIES - St. Clare Fraternity, Secular Franciscans, is sponsoring a Pasta Dinner to benefit Safe Net Ministries on Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 5:15 p.m. in St. Edward Hall. Tickets are $10 per adult. Tickets will be on sale after Masses beginning next weekend. All proceeds will be donated to Safe Net Ministries to assist in their efforts during the holiday season.
OFFICE CONTACTS AND HOURS
Phone - 860-684-2705
Monday thru Friday - 8:00 to 1:00 and 2:00 to 4:00
Email: [email protected]
CHURCH OFFICE has moved to its new location at 27 Church Street in the hall.
CHURCH CHOIRS - Come join our choirs this year!
- Physical qualifications: Able to carry musical notes across the church. Able to see director 10 feet away.
- Experience: Only persons who sing in the car or in the shower accepted.
- Wages and Benefits: Higher than normal "social" security. And the opportunity to share your talents as a valued member of our Music Ministry.
- Hours of Work: Monday rehearsals 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. starting Monday, September 30. Attendance at weekly choir masses and special celebrations.
- Funeral Choir Members Needed too We are also looking for volunteer to sing at our funeral liturgies.
- Cantors Candidates Are Always Welcome Training is free!
For Information about these GREAT opportunities: Call Lida Miller at 860-684-9194 or email at [email protected]
ST. EDWARD PRAYER AND PLAYGROUP (Sponsored by the St. Edward Faith Formation Program)- On November 1, the Prayer & Playgroup went to the St. Edward Cemetery with a special mission to clear off grass-covered gravestones and pray for deceased members of our parish. The children were so enthusiastic about removing grass and leaves to "unearth" the name of someone who maybe doesn't have family or friends to remember and pray for them anymore. They discovered so many gravestones almost entirely overgrown with grass that they asked if we could go every Friday in November. Shouts of discovery of a man who served in the Navy, a couple long ago buried, and a boy who passed in his youth were coming from every direction. All of them were happily rediscovered, their name said aloud and a prayer sent to Haven. Thanks to this little band of children, the joy of remembering those who have done before us was renewed, most all for the Moms helping them.
Most Fridays from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. (see weekly bulletin for dates) in the Church Hall. Moms, of all ages, and especially Moms of children at home (babies, tots, preschoolers, and homeschooled of all ages) are invited to a Prayer and Play Group. Children can plan while Moms pray with one another, maybe read a book together, or do a rosary. Rain, snow or shine, children can play in the Church Hall gym, the upper parking lot and playground. Come when you can! (Child still napping? Feel free to bring a pack n play, the Hall meeting room will be set aside for napping tots.)
RCIA - The RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) Program has begun meeting.. Are you or someone you know seeking to know Jesus better and become a full member of his Church? Looking to explore or have questions about what this means? Then RCIA is for you. If you or someone you know is interested in RCIA, please contact Corinne Lorenzet ([email protected] or 860-684-2666) or call the Parish Office. .
FAITH FORMATION - Mass on Saturday, November 2 was extra special because of a couple dozen children dressed as Saints joined us. The costume party was attended by about 60 people, with so many of our parish children dressed as their favorite Saint . . . St. Brigid, St. George, St. Elizabeth of Hungary, St. John the Baptist, to name just a few. They played a St. Peter fishing game, "fed animals" for St. Francis, ate pizza and left with bags of candy! Thank you to the Faith Formation Committee members that helped make this such a wonderful event.
You can reach us at the email address: [email protected] Thank you. Please keep the St. Edward Faith Formation Program in your prayers.
BIBLE STUDY - The Bible Study meets on Thursdays at 6:30 in the Parish Hall. We watch videos and then review questions from a workbook. Everyone is welcome, even if you just want to drop in and see what we are studying. Contact Andrea Broer at: [email protected]
CHILDREN'S LITURGY PROGRAM - If your child is interested in participating in the Children's Mass, please contact Melanie Frye at 860-643-8195.
DIOCESE OF NORWICH
FAITH SPARKS is a new column in the Four County Catholic newspaper. Last month's column was about everyday blessings, encouraging us to recognize the many blessings in our lives. To read this article and find more prayers, visit: NorwichDiocese.org/FaithSparks
Readings for the week of November 10, 2019
- Sunday: 2 Mc 7:1-2, 9-14 / Ps 17:1, 5-6, 8, 15 [15b] / 2 Thes 2:16—3:5 / Lk 20:27-38 or 20:27, 34-38
- Monday: Wis 1:1-7 / Ps 139:1b-3, 4-6, 7-8, 9-10 [24b] / Lk 17:1-6
- Tuesday: Wis 2:23—3:9 / Ps 34:2-3, 16-17, 18-19 [2a] / Lk 17:7-10
- Wednesday: Wis 6:1-11 / Ps 82:3-4, 6-7 [8a] / Lk 17:11-19
- Thursday: Wis 7:22b—8:1 / Ps 119:89, 90, 91, 130, 135, 175 [89a] / Lk 17:20-25
- Friday: Wis 13:1-9 / Ps 19:2-3, 4-5ab [2a] / Lk 17:26-37
- Saturday: Wis 18:14-16; 19:6-9 / Ps 105:2-3, 36-37, 42-43 [5a] / Lk 18:1-8
- Next Sunday: Mal 3:19-20a / Ps 98:5-6, 7-8, 9 [cf. 9] / 2 Thes 3:7-12 / Lk 21:5-19