Sunday - 9:00 a.m. AND 5:00 p.m.
Mondays - 8:00 AM
Tuesdays - 7:00 PM
Wednesdays - 8:00 AM
Fridays 7:00 PM
PLEASE SEE GUIDELINES FOR ATTENDANCE AT MASS BELOW IN THE WELCOME SECTION.
SEE DIOCESAN TOOLS UNDER ANNOUNCEMENT SECTION BELOW.
CONFESSIONS: Saturdays, 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. or by appointment.
ST. EDWARD THE CONFESSOR, STAFFORD
The Parish Family of St. Edward The Confessor, a Roman Catholic faith community, strives to be the living expression of Christian faith in our worship and in our community by welcoming all who seek to enrich their relationship with our one true God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
FROM THE PASTOR'S DESK
As we joyfully returned to weekend Masses, we have prioritized the safety of all parishioners by adhering to Diocesan and State of Connecticut mandates for social distancing and seating capacity.
We have implemented the following procedures to ease the return to weekend Masses.
- Seating capacity per pew varies. Pews can fit 2 individuals or a family unit of up to 5 (6 in the side pews). Once all available pews are filled, the users/greeters will ask you to attend a different Mass.
- If you or your family would like to reserve a space for a particular weekend Mass, please call the Parish Office at 860-684-2705 before 11:00 a.m. on Fridays. We ask that you call each week, as your family plans may change from weekend to weekend.
- The users/greeters will have a list of reservations, and will know how many more parishioners we can accommodate for that Mass. Once that number is reached, you will be asked to attend another Mass.
- All parishioners attending a Mass are asked to enter through the ramp entrance, and respect social distancing while waiting to enter the church. Church doors will open a half hour before the beginning of Mass.
- Ushers/greeters inside the church will assist you in find a pew. Please following their instructions (it may mean being seated in a pew different than where you usually sit).
- No standing in the back of the church will be allowed.
Please see the bulletin for other guidelines for Mass attendance. These are also available at our parish website and Facebook page.
Our "new normal" is certainly a challenge and asked that we adjust how we do things. We will continue to assess how our procedures are working and make adjustment as the need arises. We ask for your patience, understanding and cooperation.
REMINDER FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND MASS IN PERSON:
Mass is televised daily at 10:00 a.m. on both WCCT-TV (WB20) and WCTX-TV (MyTV9). Mass is also available throughout the day on EWTN. Live-stream Mass is also available widely on the Internet, at sites such as Bishop Robert Barron’s “Word on Fire” (www.wordonfire.org/daily-mass). Most on-line Masses are available to watch at your convenience.
As Catholics, we always unite spiritually whenever we watch Mass; recite the Rosary and ask for Our Lady’s special protection and intercession; pray the Stations of the Cross; read the daily readings (available on-line); and say novenas and seek the intercession of the saints.
Father Peter Liszewski
WE ASK THAT EVERYONE CONTINUE PRAYING FOR OUR FIRST RESPONDERS, ALL HEALTHCARE PERSONNEL, ALL THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN INFECTED WITH COVID-19 AND THAT PEOPLE EVERYWHERE STAY CALM AND TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER AS SAFELY AS POSSIBLE.
OFFICE CONTACTS AND HOURS
Phone - 860-684-2705
Monday thru Friday - 8:00 to 1:00 and 2:00 to 4:00
Email: [email protected]
CHURCH OFFICE has moved to its new location at 27 Church Street in the hall.
For the safety of everyone, due to the coronavirus, the church office will be closing at noon until further notice. You may mail your weekly offerings to: 27 Church Street, Stafford Springs, CT 06076 or you may also drop off your envelopes in the white mail box next to the office door.. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
CEMETERY SPRING CLEAN UP - Please remove all winter decorations and unpermitted items by April 18th. All winter decorations will be discarded without notice.
VOLUNTEERS TO SANITIZE - We are in need of volunteers to sanitize the church after each Mass. If you can volunteer your time, call the office for details. We would also appreciate donations of cleaning supplies such as any bleach-based cleaners, cleaning wipes, hand sanitizer, etc. Thank you for all you're willing to help us re-open and stay safe.
WEEKLY OFFERINGS - For the safety of everyone, due to the threat of the coronavirus, the church office will be closing at noon until further notice. You may mail our weekly offerings to: St. Edward Church, 27 Church Street, Stafford Springs, CT 06076.
FAITH FORMATION - Congratulations to our second grade class who received the sacrament of First Reconciliation last weekend! Thank you to all students who participated in our Zoom gatherings this year. Our Faith Formation school year is now con-cluded, and we are looking forward to resuming in person classes this fall. Registration forms for next year will be sent out in June, and will also be available on the church website
Monthly Zoom gatherings are being held for students in K-8th grade on the first Sunday of each month. For full participation, please fill out the Diocese video conferencing consent form included in the invitation. We hope to see you there!
For more information, email us at [email protected] or call the church office at 860-684-2705. Andrea Broer and Nicole Ladd, Coordinators of Faith Formation
DIOCESE OF NORWICH
HOPE AND FAITH VIDEO SERIES - Let the Office of Faith Events brighten your Wednesday mornings by signing up for the weekly Hope and Faith video series. Throughout the year be inspired with varied reflections on Lent, Advent, the Saints, Gratitude and much MORE! There are two easy ways to receive our weekly video… Simply send your e-mail to [email protected] Or have the videos sent right to your cell phone by texting @lentvid to #81010
SAFE ENVIRONMENTS ABUSE PREVENTION TRAINING - In the Diocese of Norwich, all volunteers who have regular contact with minors, all employees, all clergy, and all religious, are required to complete safe environments training. This training is also available to any parishioner, or parent of a parochial school child, regardless of whether or not they wish to volunteer at their parish or school. The Diocese of Norwich offers two Praesidium programs. Both cover the same material, just in different formats. You can take the on-line program, Armatus,or attend a one-time DVD presentation, Called to Protect. Due to the current pandemic, the in person Called to Protect training classes have been postponed. Armatusis available and the preferred training at this time. As soon as in person gatherings are permitted, Called to Protect in person training will resume. Please contact the Child Advocate at your parish or school office in order to be enrolled, or for more information. Our children’s safety is the responsibility of all Catholics.
RESOURCES TO RETURN TO CHURCH - The Diocese has created a couple of resources that will be helpful in preparing parishioners to return to church.
Video Link - https://vimeo.com/423426373
FAITH SPARKS is a new column in the Four County Catholic newspaper. Last month's column was about everyday blessings, encouraging us to recognize the many blessings in our lives. To read this article and find more prayers, visit: NorwichDiocese.org/FaithSparks
Readings for the week of May 9, 2021
- Sunday: Acts 10:25-26, 34-35, 44-48 / Ps 98:1, 2-3, 3-4 [cf. 2b] / 1 Jn 4:7-10 / Jn 15:9-17
- Monday: Acts 16:11-15 / Ps 149:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6a and 9b [cf. 4a] / Jn 15:26—16:4a
- Tuesday: Acts 16:22-34 / Ps 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8 [7c] / Jn 16:5-11
- Wednesday: Acts 17:15, 22—18:1 / Ps 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14 / Jn 16:12-15
- Thursday: Acts 18:1-8 / Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 3cd-4 [cf. 2b] / Jn 16:16-20 Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20
- Friday: Acts 1:15-17, 20-26 / Ps 113:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8  / Jn 15:9-17
- Saturday: Acts 18:23-28 / Ps 47:2-3, 8-10, 10 [8a] / Jn 16:23b-28
- Next Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20 Seventh Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:15-17, 20a, 20c-26 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20 [19a] / 1 Jn 4:11-16 / Jn 17:11b-19