Saturday Vigil Mass - 4:00 p.m.
Sunday - 9:00 a.m. AND 5:00 p.m.
Mondays 8:00 AM
Tuesdays 7:00 PM
Wednesdays 8:00 AM
Fridays 7:00 PM
PLEASE SEE GUIDELINES FOR ATTENDANCE AT MASS BELOW IN THE WELCOME SECTION.
SEE DIOCESAN TOOLS UNDER ANNOUNCEMENT SECTION BELOW.
CONFESSIONS: Saturdays, 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. or by appointment.
ST. EDWARD THE CONFESSOR, STAFFORD
The Parish Family of St. Edward The Confessor, a Roman Catholic faith community, strives to be the living expression of Christian faith in our worship and in our community by welcoming all who seek to enrich their relationship with our one true God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
FROM THE PASTOR'S DESK
Mass Schedule beginning the weekend of July 4/5, 2020: Saturday Vigil Mass: 4:00 p.m.; Sundays: 9:00 a.m. AND 5:00 p.m.; Monday and Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. ; Tuesday and Friday: 7:00 p.m. No Mass on Thursdays.
As we joyfully return to weekend Masses, we will prioritize the safety of all parishioners by adhering to Diocesan and State of Connecticut mandates for social distancing and seating capacity.
We will be implementing the following procedures to ease the return to weekend Masses.
- Seating capacity per pew varies. Pews can fit 2 individuals or a family unit of up to 5 (6 in the side pews). Once all available pews are filled, the users/greeters will ask you to attend a different Mass.
- If you or your family would like to reserve a space for a particular weekend Mass, please call the Parish Office at 860-684-2705 before 11:00 a.m. on Fridays. We ask that you call each week, as your family plans may change from weekend to weekend.
- The users/greeters will have a list of reservations, and will know how many more parishioners we can accommodate for that Mass. Once that number is reached, you will be asked to attend another Mass.
- All parishioners attending a Mass are asked to enter through the ramp entrance, and respect social distancing while waiting to enter the church. Church doors will open a half hour before the beginning of Mass.
- Ushers/greeters inside the church will assist you in find a pew. Please following their instructions (it may mean being seated in a pew different than where you usually sit).
- No standing in the back of the church will be allowed.
Please see the bulletin for other guidelines for Mass attendance. These are also available at our parish website and Facebook page.
Our "new normal" is certainly a challenge and asked that we adjust how we do things. We will continue to assess how our procedures are working and make adjustment as the need arises. We ask for your patience, understanding and cooperation.
As we joyfully return to Mass, we will be following the Diocese of Norwich guidelines for reopening parishes. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Entrance into the church is through the ramp door
- Please follow directions of ushers and greeters.
- At this time, church seating capacity is 50 people. Once the church reaches capacity, you will be asked to attend a different Mass.
- Church doors will open 1/2 hour before Mass begins.
- You must bring and wear your own mask or you will not be allowed in the church. Children under the age of 5 are not required to wear a mask.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer.
- Seating in designated pews only. Two people OR family units of 3 or more may occupy each designated pew. Individuals in pews who are not family units, should separate as much as possible. (One person on each end)
- All missals and prayer cards have been removed. There will be no singing during Mass.
- There will be no Sign of Peace.
- There will be a change in the order of the Mass regarding the distribution of Holy Communion:
- Holy Communion will be distributed after the final blessing
- When coming forward for Holy Communion, please respect the 6 foot indicators on the church floor.
- Masks must be worn while waiting to receive Holy Communion.
- Holy Communion will be distributed in the hand only, there will be no distribution of the Precious Blood
- After receiving the Host, step to the side, lower your mask, consume the Host and raise your mask back into place.
- A collection basket will be available at the center isle of the church. There will be no passing of the collection baskets.
- Holy water will not be available in the fonts at the entrance doors. Holy water and bottles are available at the Holy Water dispenser in front of the church.
- The health and safety of our entire parish family is very important to us. PLEASE, if you are not feeling well, are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or are considered high risk due to age or underlying health conditions, we encourage you to stay home. The obligation to attend Sunday Mass will remain dispensed for all the faithful in the Diocese of Norwich until further notice.
As we move forward these guidelines are likely to change. We appreciate your patience and flexibility.
REMINDER FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND MASS IN PERSON:
Mass is televised daily at 10:00 a.m. on both WCCT-TV (WB20) and WCTX-TV (MyTV9). Mass is also available throughout the day on EWTN. Live-stream Mass is also available widely on the Internet, at sites such as Bishop Robert Barron’s “Word on Fire” (www.wordonfire.org/daily-mass). Most on-line Masses are available to watch at your convenience.
As Catholics, we always unite spiritually whenever we watch Mass; recite the Rosary and ask for Our Lady’s special protection and intercession; pray the Stations of the Cross; read the daily readings (available on-line); and say novenas and seek the intercession of the saints.
Father Peter Liszewski
WE ASK THAT EVERYONE CONTINUE PRAYING FOR OUR FIRST RESPONDERS, ALL HEALTHCARE PERSONNEL, ALL THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN INFECTED WITH COVID-19 AND THAT PEOPLE EVERYWHERE STAY CALM AND TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER AS SAFELY AS POSSIBLE.
OFFICE CONTACTS AND HOURS
Phone - 860-684-2705
Monday thru Friday - 8:00 to 1:00 and 2:00 to 4:00
Email: [email protected]
For the safety of everyone, due to the coronavirus, the church office will be closing at noon until further notice. You may mail your weekly offerings to: 27 Church Street, Stafford Springs, CT 06076 or you may also drop off your envelopes in the white mail box next to the office door.. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
CHURCH OFFICE has moved to its new location at 27 Church Street in the hall.
VOLUNTEERS TO SANITIZE - We are in need of volunteers to sanitize the church after each Mass. If you can volunteer your time, call the office for details. We would also appreciate donations of cleaning supplies such as any bleach-based cleaners, cleaning wipes, hand sanitizer, etc. Thank you for all you're willing to help us re-open and stay safe.
WELCOME BACK FLOWERS on the Altar are from the Easter flower donations that were received. Thank you to everyone who donated; your generosity is greatly appreciated.
WEEKLY OFFERINGS - For the safety of everyone, due to the threat of the coronavirus, the church office will be closing at noon until further notice. You may mail our weekly offerings to: St. Edward Church, 27 Church Street, Stafford Springs, CT 06076.
ADULT CONFIRMATION - Classes for adult members of our faith community who have not received the sacrament of Confirmation and are interested in doing so are available. Please contact Corinne Lorenzet at 860-684-2666 or the Parish Office for more information.
RCIA (Rite of Christian Initial of Adults)- Congratulations to our RCIA candidates who have received their First Communion and the Sacrament of Confirmation, Nicole Deskus and Jimmy Frye. In a special moment, Nicole's daughter, Madison, received her First Communion alongside her mother. The Sacrament of Confirmation was conferred upon Jeffrey Ferris, Cody Gebo, Rachel Gebo, Tyler Gebo, Julia Peirolo, Bill Utermarck and Angie West.
Are you or someone you know seeking to know Jesus better and become a full member of his Church? Looking to explore or have questions about what this means? Then RCIA is for you. If you or someone you know is interested in RCIA, please contact Corinne Lorenzet ([email protected] or 860-684-2666) or call the Parish Office. .
FAITH FORMATION - Faith Formation for Children in Grades K-8
We are in a period of time marked by a great deal of uncertainty. COVID-19 has caused disruption and change in most areas of our lives, and Faith Formation classes for 2020-2021 will also be changing. The safety of our children and volunteer catechists is of the utmost importance; therefore, we will be offering an online version of our Faith and Life curriculum. This virtual instruction includes complete text from the book, interactive games, videos, and assessments so that we can track each student’s progress. We will ensure that students entering second grade will still receive thorough preparation for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.
Classes will begin the week of September 14, 2020. Your child’s online lesson may be accessed any day or time of the week at your convenience. Registration fee is $30 per child. To prevent a delay in access to the classes, please register by August 31, 2020.
Our program is committed to supporting families in the vital role of teaching their children in the Catholic Faith and helping them build a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is our sincere hope that families grow in faith and love together during this time, and may we all be guided and protected by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Andrea Broer and Nicole Ladd, Coordinators of Faith Formation
CHILDREN'S LITURGY PROGRAM - If your child is interested in participating in the Children's Mass, please contact Melanie Frye at 860-643-8195.
DIOCESE OF NORWICH
The Diocese has created a couple of resources that will be helpful in preparing parishioners to return to church.
Video Link - https://vimeo.com/423426373
FAITH SPARKS is a new column in the Four County Catholic newspaper. Last month's column was about everyday blessings, encouraging us to recognize the many blessings in our lives. To read this article and find more prayers, visit: NorwichDiocese.org/FaithSparks
Readings for the week of July 5, 2020
- Sunday: Zec 9:9-10 / Ps 145:1-2, 8-9, 10-11, 13-14 [cf. 1] / Rom 8:9, 11-13 / Mt 11:25-30
- Monday: Hos 2:16, 17b-18, 21-22 / Ps 145:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [8a] / Mt 9:18-26
- Tuesday: Hos 8:4-7, 11-13 / Ps 115:3-4, 5-6, 7ab-8, 9-10 [9a] / Mt 9:32-38
- Wednesday: Hos 10:1-3, 7-8, 12 / Ps 105:2-3, 4-5, 6-7 [4b] / Mt 10:1-7
- Thursday: Hos 11:1-4, 8e-9 / Ps 80:2ac and 3b, 15-16 [4b] / Mt 10:7-15
- Friday: Hos 14:2-10 / Ps 51:3-4, 8-9, 12-13, 14 and 17 [17b] / Mt 10:16-23
- Saturday: Is 6:1-8 / Ps 93:1ab, 1cd-2, 5 [1a] / Mt 10:24-33
- Next Sunday: Is 55:10-11 / Ps 65:10, 11, 12-13, 14 [Lk 8:8] / Rom 8:18-23 / Mt 13:1-23 or 13:1-9